Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Healing from Lyme Disease

I am healing.  I feel I am recovering from this disease.  Yes I have been here once before  Back in July, August, September 2010.  But I was on IV meds and had just gotten off of a round of 8 months of twice weekly injections.  This time it's different.  I am on NO DRUGS what so ever.  Ok, that's not entirely true.  My only prescriptions are Ambien and occasional Ativan.  I don't know if it was the Bionic 880 (I did 8 treatments using nosodes) or the therapy I am currently doing (I have a healer that uses ZYTO).  I am guessing it is a combination of the two and of juicing.  Juicing a green juice every morning reduces the inflammation in my body.  I feel better when I do it. 

I have accomplished more in this month than I have in the past year.  I finally made it to the eye doctor at Costco.  Haven't worn contacts since my wedding in 2009.  I got the exam I needed and FINALLY got new glasses!  I cannot wait for them to come in.  CAN-NOT-WAIT!

I am stronger, healthier, living my life.  I went out to dinner last night with a gift card we got, I have been Christmas shopping three times (in 1 hour increments & close to home), I have been getting dressed in CLOTHES (not sweats or PJ's) daily, and not stuck in the same clothes for 3 days at a time on my good days.  I have been showering almost daily (bad days I may skip it, but even my bad days aren't too too bad anymore). 

I am not saying I am returning to a "normal" level of functioning.  I may never be like I once was or like other "healthy" people.  However, the fact that I can get up out of bed and do things in spurts is amazing to me.  I may still miss out on 2 weeks of life a month, but the other two weeks..... 

This is it guys.  2 years and 5 months of acute illness (and possibly years of it weakening my immune system before hand).  Of being told I should "just get out more", be positive, take an anti-depressant, get back in shape, push myself, of becoming disabled by a disease that isn't truly recognized by ANYONE for what it is and what it is capable of.  I am so grateful to my husband for sticking by me.  For doing his best to get me what I needed regardless of our life circumstances.  With no regard to the people that we thought loved us that tried to bring us down and tear us apart.  He could have abandoned me like most everyone else.  Life would have been so much easier on him...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished month one of treatment! Three more months to go and the doc believes I'll be in remission! I H A T E the injections- but I'm accepting that in order to get better they must happen. Keep the faith- and keep juicing! <3

Sonya Rose said...

Hang in there. I truly understand what you're going through.

It's rough, having to be so tough, almost like a Marine...on another level.

Wishing you strength and courage. It's one of the biggest battles to fight, through my experience with it, plus cancer.

May you and your husband have better days ahead.

From another Sonya who Fights Lyme