Thursday, May 27, 2010

My laptop has been down . ..

Well, my husband broke the hard drive in my laptop yet again so I have been without one for over a month.  I haven't been feeling so great, so  I haven't been on the computer much.  That would explain my absence from my blog.

A recap of the past couple of weeks:

Got sick about 4 days before the fundraiser/awareness walk so I couldn't make it.  My husband & his family & a couple of friends went anyway.  My dad was out of town visiting his mother & I was feeling so sick that I had my mom come here to take care of me instead of going to the walk.  Nicest part of the walk was one of my BFF's learned a lot about Lyme Disease and I think that helped her to understand me more.

I never heard from the walks coordinator after that, so I didn't get any help with my fundraising.  Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

So I ended up spending 8 days in bed.  That miserable hangover feeling.  It sucked.  And then we had the garage sale on Saturday.  I started to feel better a few days before & on that day I did well.  We made $537!  It was enough to pay for a month of one of my antibiotics.  I need to figure out more fundraisers though because I need many thousands of dollars!!  Doing another garage sale this weekend.  Not as much stuff, but I am hoping some how some people will donate more stuff by tomorrow.

True2Life donated one of their 8 Day Liver Detox Kits to me.  That's cool!  I felt great after my last detox.  I was going to start today but started having pain in my lower right abdomen.  Could be my appendix, so I am holding off on the liver cleanse until pain is gone.  Appendix is attached to your large intestine & this cleanse on the 2nd day brings on a lot of bowel movement.  So . . .. we wait a bit.


I went to see my doc 2 days ago in his Beverly Hills office.  I like him. He's not my LLMD, but he takes my insurance.  He's keeping me on Bicillin & adding Biaxin for Mycoplasma.  Doing a week trial run to make sure it doesn't cause tinnitus like zithromax did.  The tinnitus showed up after 2 days on Zithro & stopped after I stopped the medication (3 days later).  It can be permanent & it was very unpleasant.  I forgot to talk to him about how to treat the Q Fever which can become chronic also.  Doxy?  UGH!  I couldn't take that.  Make me drop weight like a wrestler or a super model.


So we are waiting and seeing.  I am happy to be attacking my known co-infections now.  Maybe this is the boost I need.  Cross your fingers that I can tolerate it.  Doc also took some blood work because I have been having abdominal pain & he said I should be having monthly blood draws.  I will go to him monthly, which is fine because my insurance pays for it.  It's a long drive, but we're going to stick with going to his Malibu office so we can see the ocean at least.  It's lovely. 

I am happy to report that my Malibu/BevHills doc was able to find me lower cost Bicillin!  YAY!  I was paying $700 for 10 injections at McGuff.  I am now paying $525 for 10 with free overnight delivery via courier to my door!  WestAid Pharmacy in LA.  The Biaxin was going to cost me $269 at Walgreens but is only $60 at WestAid!  Here is their number if you ever want to price them  1-800-939-9495

I hope everyone is doing well.  HANG IN THERE!!  My headaches are NOT my friend!

No comments: