Thursday, June 3, 2010

So far so good with Biaxin

So we added Biaxin last week at my doc appointment.  It was delivered overnight and within 6 hours of taking the first dose (500mg tablet) I started getting a buzzing in my ear.  The dreaded TINNITUS that caused me to stop taking Zithromax right away.  That stuff can be permanent & can even cause hearing loss.  I couldn't deal with a constant ringing in my ears for the rest of my life.  Never ANY silence??  No way.  But I decided not to bail on it.  I need to be able to take things to kill the different types of bacteria that have invaded my body.  So like a trooper, I took the second dose of the day.  And besides that god awful metallic taste in produces in the back of your mouth, I am tolerating it.  The tinnitus hasn't gotten worse, and I can only hear it when I am laying with my head on the pillow & another pillow over the other side of my head (the way I block out morning light that shines through my blinds). 

I ordered another 30 days worth of Biaxin from Westaid Pharmacy & paid only $50 for 60 tablets.  And they overnighted them to my house FOR FREE.  They rock.  Nicest pharmacy I have ever called & they are on the ball.  So again 1-800-939-9495.

I haven't herxed or anything from this new antibiotic.  And I wonder if I will because I am using it to treat Mycoplasma.  So far, so goood.

Oh, we did another garage sale last Saturday and I made $517!  YAY!  Then another $50 yesterday from a donated dryer & I still have a couple of really nice desks to sell.  I need to put them on Craigslist.  Should get another $125.  One is brand new in the box (glass top computer desk).  The other is a 3 piece solid wood set.  Desk, hutch, & file cabinet. 

I still haven't started the True2Life detox yet because I didn't think it was a good idea to start two new things at once.  Being that I was starting the antibiotic.  So I will have to pick a day to start the detox.  Maybe today??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope this medicine continues to work for you. We just took away one of my antibiotics to see if it was causing me to feel the way I am feeling lately.

LymeFighter11 said...

Hey, I am Alexa and I am 14 & I have Lyme too. I've had it for two years but i was just diagnosed. i feel your pain & you're not alone! Check out my Lyme blog at www.lymegal.blogspot.com