Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi all.  I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends & family.  It's just me and the husband.  The kids went off to Glamis to go dirtbike riding with the rest of hubbies family.  I knew I wasn't going to be up for it health wise, so we declined.

I have been away from blogging because Rhett, my corw picked the keys off the laptop!!  My husband doesn't really let me use his computer much, so I decided to do a quick post while he is watching TV.

Not much has changed as far as lyme is concerned.  I am having good days.  I had 2 good day recently.  Sunday & Monday.  That was nice because we celebrated Thanksgiving Sunday with Adam's family & then Monday my bestie Angela & I went to Beverly Hills to my doc appt & ended up going to lunch at Urth Cafe.  It was SOOOOOO good.  Organic, local delicious food.  We ended up getting kinda trapped in the elevators & a little lost, & then locked in the stairwell when we decided it best not to get on the elevator again.  But boy that was a mistake, got down 4 floors & had to walk back up the 4 floors & banged on the door until someone let us in.  What if there was a fire???  Sheesh!

Anyway, I am DYING to see a natural doctor.  I need to add something to my protocol.  I need to treat my whole body, not just an infection.

I don't know if I mentioned that my insurance cut me off on November 4th.  I was prepared because I think my insurance company was getting suspicious that my doctor was treating lyme.  Well, I had InfuSource lined up for $30 per dose IV.  So that's $60 a day.  Then I get a letter saying that they knew I had lyme & that they were going to retroactively deny me.  183 doses & 20 nurses visits.  This was AFTER they had approved.  They decided to deny 2 months back.  They can do this?  The cash price the infusion company charges if insurance is not covering is $95 per dose.  You do the math....  $20k is no money I have.  We have already maxed out all of our credit cards treating my illness as my insurance had never pitched in 1 red cent until the IV.  I am thoroughly upset with Anthem Blue Cross of California.  I don't have the mental capacity to fight them, and they know it.  I wish I could cancel my policy that I pay nearly $250/mo for, but I need it just in case of an emergency with my PiCC line & if the lyme causes other problems to my organs, etc.  There are so many things I need to do, but I have sunken into depression because of all of our financial problems.  Financial problems breed other problems.  Many more problems.  I'm afraid that we will lose everything.  If you are disabled by lyme, the government turns it's back on you.  I was denied disability twice already.  The IDSA is bullsh*t.

2 comments:

Julieslymediseasefight said...

I can totally relate. We have hit rock bottom financially and I dont know what to do! Savings-gone, ALL credit cards-maxed out, Cant pay some bills a month, I have to keep working 50 hours a week but its now really effecting me and I dont know if I can keep working. If not we would loose the house and have to move to an apartment and even then I dont think we could make it. Its so upsetting that we cant heal because of this BS!!! I feel ya girl!

Lisa said...

Dont give up on the disablity it took me five yrs. They expect people to give up after being denied twice appeal appeal appeal dont give up. Remember when you feel ur worst you are surrounded with fellow lyme friends on facebook and here we support you and we all love you. We all have been there if you need to talk email me it took me 8 long yrs to even get treatment because those famous words its in ur head and take all these antidepressents and you will be fine in a few weeks I believe things will look up for you Hugs Lisa