Monday, March 7, 2011

Another Attack

I had another Gallbladder attack last night.  Started right before bed.  Same back pain, I looked up natural remedies.  I found Apple Cider Vinegar in apple juice.  My husband ran to the store to get it.  I downed it.  Tasted pretty good.  Still progressed.  

This attack progressed much faster than the last one. Went to the hospital,
saw through the window how crowded it was. My husband ran in, at least a 2 hour wait. So we drove to the other hospital. Same thing. (Loma Linda should open any day & then we'll have 3 hospitals). By this time the pain had lessened a bit, we drove home, apprehensive. By the time I got home, I was no longer groaning, my stomach hurt bad & I was burping but pain lessened to the point of tolerable. Took a Zofran for nausea in preparation of taking a Percocet. Drank some kefir, waited 30 mins (pain meds make me puke) , then took Percocet. I tried to sleep. Woke up a bit later & all sickness & pain were gone. But it wired me! I've been waking every hour. Thought oxycodone & zofran made you sleep?  Up ALL night.

I think that ACV & Apple juice may have helped a bit.
 



I have an appointment scheduled with my LLMD tomorrow in Malibu. Then I called a local Gastroenterologist and I have an appointment Wednesday.  Hope they will take this thing out of me and insurance will cover!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So if you get it taken out ... you will have some serious shoulder pain from "gas." Expel as much gas as you can by burping and tooting. After my surgery, I was HUGE from swelling. Prior to surgery, I was 95 pounds and I gained at least 15 pounds from swelling! It was crazy. Couldn't wear any of my regular clothes for a couple of weeks. In fact, had to go buy one pair of khaki pants just to look normal in public.

I'm so glad mine was removed though. Mine had it's "problem" prior the my diagnosis. I had probably been having trouble for years (a full decade if you wanna know the truth). I didn't fit hardly any of the criteria so the hospitals had trouble figuring out my pain saying often that I was mentally causing the pain with anxiety. I was so vindicated to find out the real reason for my pain.

Sonya Fights Lyme said...

I just had it taken out 2 nights ago, just got home from hospital (3 nights!). I have that serious shoulder pain you speak of. I'm not huge & since I couldn't walk until today I couldn't work the gas out. I'm just slightly swollen by my belly button. It's hard to "toot"! I love that term, so cute!