Thursday, March 3, 2011

Family

You know what?  I don't think a single family member reads my blog.  They know about it.  But you'd think since they don't call & check on me, they'd at least be keeping tabs on me via my blog, right?  I don't think so.  I guess they think I should call them when I am sick & let them know how I am doing.  Um, no, I don't want to talk about this blessed disease all the time.  I talk about it on Facebook because I have a lot of lyme friends, etc. But if you call me on the phone, the last thing I am wanting to talk about is my crappy disease.

My mom calls & checks on me.  I am referring to my dad, my sister, my nana, my uncle, my nieces, etc.  I talk to my brother every once in a while (and I've only known my brother for a few years).  A lot more than I do my sister.  My auntie has called me a few times to check on me.  I love her.  I guess I'm probably just pissed off at my sister for not giving a rat's ass.  Or at least for not appearing to.  I have spoken to her MAYBE twice in the last year.  It's  me calling her, oh wait, she did call me about 8 months ago to give me news about one of my nieces.  Funny thing, when the phone rang & I saw it was her, I knew what the news would be & that was why she was calling.  Not to see how I was doing or if I was making progress or needed any moral support.  You know, being basically locked up in a house for nearly 2 years is such a joy!


Apparently, my sister got upset that we didn't call her to tell her I went to the hospital.  Well, geez, since when have you cared that I went to the hospital or that I was so sick I could barely walk for months at a time?  My sister never even comes to my mind anymore when I think of people to reach out to.  It's a shame too.  She is 4 1/2 years older than me and we had been through so much together growing up.  She loved me a lot.  Probably more than the average sister love.  More like a mom type of love.  And the odd thing is we were closer when she was on drugs.  She has been sober for over 8 years.  I am very proud of her and of that feat.  She says she is just busy.....

3 comments:

Argonauta For a Day said...

When I was in remission, I found out who my real friends were. It was a hard reality. Now that I am going back into treatment we shall see if my theory is correct. Sometimes disease is just too painful for others to take.
Blessings to you Sonya- Keep moving forward.
Maryalice

Sonya Fights Lyme said...

Do you mean when you were in treatment, you found out who your real friends were? Or have you relapsed?

Argonauta For a Day said...

Yes, after treatment, I realized who really cared. Yesterday I found out I have strep throat! My symptoms have been slowly coming back (speech, tongue, swallowing)so my Naturopath Doc recommended treating the strep, then doing oral antibiotics for 6 weeks, 2 wks off and 6 weeks back on for awhile to get things back in line again. Sad, I know. Not sure if I will ever be 100%. The Max is what has saved me all these months- for that I am sure! www.max.com/255092 order preferred for wholesale price.
Best to you-