Monday, March 21, 2011

Recovering Well & a 2nd PiCC Line

I bounced right back after surgery.  Pretty happy since in the back of my mind, I was concerned about having surgery with active Lyme.  No problems.  Then I had to go back to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center less than a week later to fix my PiCC line.  Well, I ended up getting a new one entirely.  It was odd because other than the shot of Lidocaine, I didn't feel the first PiCC line at all.  But on this one, I felt the shot (like a bee sting), I felt them pull out my old line (I could feel it in my chest!), and I felt him threading the new one it.  So odd.  It seemed to take a lot longer too.  Although this time I didn't take a valium or ativan before hand.  Been there, done that.

It hurt like heck for about a day or so and now I'm fine, back to normal.  That hospital is so great.

While I was there, my surgeon allowed me to get my post-op follow up in.  They usually require you to wait 7-10 days, but since it is such a hassle to drive to & from LA, they were understanding & let me take care of it early.  Can I just say I LOVE my surgeon?  Dr. Leslie Memsic.  For a million reasons.  Besides the fact that she is one of Cedar's top surgeons, she is also one of the funniest, nicest people I have ever met.  Every nurse that mentioned her stated how she was THE BEST doc & had the best personality & treated everyone she comes into contact with with the utmost respect.  I love her.  She gave me a hug before I left.

I also forgot to mention that the hospital staff gave me no crap about having Lyme Disease.  I even over heard the anesthesiologist refer to my Lyme as "Chronic Lyme Disease", so no steroids.  I guess they use steroids to reduce nausea.  I didn't say it, he did.  Dr. Memsic pumped me full of antibiotics for the 28 hours or so before my surgery & then again after.  She even made a comment about checking to make sure this was a good antibiotic for treating Lyme, and that it wouldn't cause any problems.

I was off my IV Rocephin for about 3 weeks (so that it didn't signal another gallbladder attack) and I must say that I haven't felt that good in a long time.  Once I started up again, I felt it take me back just a touch, and now today I woke up and feel like crapola.  Think maybe I am toxic.  I am not suffering, but I am not up and about.  Started cleaning and didn't finish a thing.  Think I'll drink a ton of water & then do my sauna.......  Need DETOX.  I want to get some Burber.  People swear by it, anyone here tried it?

  Far Infrared FIR Portable Foldable Spa Sauna Detox Ion, SI01Burbur Detox Liquid Extract 30 ml.
What do you think?  Do you think that it's odd that I felt so good being off of the antibiotics?  Like maybe I should stop?

Post a Comment