Thursday, July 7, 2011

Alinia update

Alinia isn't going as planned.  I started with 1 pill 2 days ago and I don't know if I had a herxheimer reaction or what but it was not pleasant.  I have to admit I was afraid to take it.  2 hours after 'bottom's up', I had to go upstairs and go to bed.  Then I was just in pain and felt sick and out of it for the next several hours.  3 hours were really bad.  I also had to visit the little girls room MANY times.  I didn't want to be alone.  I called my husband and asked him to come home.  It was pretty scary.  When 7pm or so hit, I felt much better.  I opted not to take the 2nd dose of the day because I obviously wouldn't be able to sleep and didn't want to keep my husband up all night.  He agreed and said he didn't want me to take it.

So yesterday was my 2nd dose.  I SO did not want to take that pill.  I had a lot of pain yesterday but didn't feel quite as bad as the first day.  Only had 2 bathroom trips.  Didn't start to feel better until 8pm.  Did not take night dose as I feel like I am having a herx reaction and don't want to over do it and end up in the hospital.  I took a teaspoon of my activated charcoal at 8pm to help absorb some of the toxins.

Haven't been sleeping well.  Been waking early......

Took 3rd dose about 2 1/2 hours ago.  So far I think I feel ok.  Once I get to a level where it doesn't kick my butt and I know this is a herxheimer reaction and not an allergy or other reaction to the drug, I will go up to the 2 doses per day.

Symptoms I have been having thus far:

Diarrhea & lots of noise going on in my abdomen
Headache
Severe neck pain
Muscle (and what feels like) bone pain
Fatigue
Vision impairment
Sleep disturbance
Painful sides of neck (under ears and down, feels like my glands)

I start my pulse for my IV Rocephin tomorrow.  Should be interesting......  wish me luck!  I need to get stronger, I really, REALLY need a shower!

No comments: