Saturday, December 11, 2010

We have to move :(

So we have to move.  I was freaked out at first, but this is for the best.  We can't afford to stay here anymore.  This has been home for 2 1/2 years, but we need to downsize big time.  We are looking in Temecula.  It's about 45 minutes away, closer to San Diego (our eventual goal).  My husband drives out that way for work a few times a week and his eldest daughter lives out that way also.  We went and looked at one house today it had a GREAT view & a gourmet kitchen..  AWESOME neighborhood.  Has a lot to offer kids.  A lot more than where we live, which I thought was just about the greatest place for kids.  I can't even begin to state the great things about that place.  The schools are great too.  And it's beautiful.  But the house was just way too small.  Both my husband & I agreed we couldn't do it.

So the place we are looking at on Monday will allow us to save $500 a month.  That's significant.  It's not as fancy as I am used to.  But I must admit I have been somewhat spoiled.  So I decided that since I am sick & can't work, this is worth it.  We would drop down a lot more, but we have 2 grown kids & 2 big dogs.  We need more room than a tiny 3 bedroom house could afford.  So we found a 4 bedroom (hubs needs an office) that is in the same nice area.  Same California Distinguished school.  This is perfect, less stress for hubby because it's walking distance to the schools & all the parks & sports centers.  I often times don't drive the kids anywhere because I am sick.  He is so busy trying to keep us afloat & the kids have so many things going on that  it's terrible that I can't do all the driving all the time.  When I feel good, I always drive.

One negative for me personally is that I will be even further away from my doctor.  There is a lyme doc in San Diego, but she doesn't take insurance.  But I only go once a month, so it's not that bad.  We just hate driving!
I am going to Malibu next week to see my doc & my BFF is coming with me.  We had so much fun last time. I will be sad to be moving away from her, but it's only 45 minutes & I think her son's father lives out that way, so I can get her to come out.

Good Days
I had a good day today.  Not great but not terrible either.  I got dressed & got out of the house!  Yesterday was a crap day.  The day before was GOOD though.  I can't remember what I did.  I know I cooked dinner.  Cooked my hubby a great breakfast today & made him a great dinner tonight.  He needs some pampering.  Now I need to go do my IV infusion & then go to bed.  I noticed I have had less muscle twitches lately.  Just had one a few minutes ago and that's what made me realize that they are diminishing.  I got my supplements, so I am really getting on those to help my body heal.  Seems like I get about 2 good days a week. I need to start exercising!  YOGA would be great.

Anyone have any left over IV supplies?
If anyone has any left over IV supplies can you please contact me?  I am trying to save money on my infusions.  Right now I am paying $30 a dose @ $240 a week.  I am trying to purchase all my supplies, meds, seperately, that way I think I can pay about $15 a dose.  

1 comment:

Casey said...

I am so sorry you have to move. Ugh, lyme takes everything from you doesn't it. I hope you have some good days and are able to find IV supplies.


oh by the way I started my lyme blog back up but it moved to
http://crazylyme.com