Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Drum roll please . .. .

Well, it's official.  I am CDC & Igenex NEGATIVE!  Crap.  There was no celebrating, that's for sure.
Here is what the test said:

IGM Western Blot:
31 IND
39 IND
41 ++
58 +

IGG Result:
31 IND
41 +
45 +
58 +

Multiplex B. Burgdorferi Sample: Serum
(PCR test)
Genomic - B Burgdorferi: Negative
Plasmid - B Burgdorferi: POSITIVE , Confirmed by Southern Dot Blot

Whole Blood Sample:
Genomic - B burgdorferi: Negative
Plasmid - B burgdorferi: Negative

** What throws me is that it says under this last section:

"POSITIVE: Indicates that B burgdorferi specific DNA fragments (plasmid or genomic) were detected in the sample." It goes on to say, "Sample is considered positive if either genomic or plasmid is positive."


I have been feeling quite ill for 3 days straight.  I layed in bed all day Sunday, was in & out on Monday and went to dinner with an out of town guest that evening.  Then felt really, really sick yesterday.  Today was not too shabby.  I was able to get a few loads of laundry done & cook dinner.  So I wasn't feeling so bad anymore.  Having some issues breathing.  I just keep feeling like I have to deep breathe all the time.

Just ordered some more Bicillin.  This time one of my docs was able to find it for me for $525 including overnight shipping right to my door, nice & cold.  Saved us $175 so Hubs didn't have to scrape too much together.  I usually pay about $700+ including shipping.  So good news.  And since this has been my best month yet, the doc said to go ahead and do 5 more weeks of it & then we'll re-evaluate.

Oh well.  Maybe we'll do IV later on down the road. . .. maybe I won't have to.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My test came out very similar to yours. We are waiting results on a urine test for IGENEX. I am glad you were able to find cheaper bicillin. Thinking of you

Argonauta For a Day said...

Hi Sonja-
You might see if your doctor can run a test for Chlamydia Pneumonia. This is a TB like illness in your lungs that causes air hunger. Antibiotic INH is helpful. I took it 3 months and I am fine now. FYI-Babesia is common with air hunger too. Thinking about you....
Maryalice