Monday, October 11, 2010

Let's rip this thing out.

I have had a love-hate relationship with my PiCC line.  For the first 2, almost 3 months, I loved it because the medication was making me better.  But now that I have had a solid month with only 3 good days in it, I want this thing ripped out.  All summer, I could not swim (and I was feeling well), wade in the ocean, and I have not been able to shower.  I have to sit in the tub (shallow water) to wash my body & then use the kitchen sink nozzle to wash my hair.  Oh what I would give to be submerged in water!

Now, I need to get in to see my doc.  Perhaps we can try a different IV med.  But what is out there?  And will my insurance cover it?  I cannot imagine what more there is to do to help me.  But I do know that I can't stay like this.  I can't do anything, and I have no way to make any money for our family.  I need to get a job!  I need mula!

Anyway, my lyme cycle hit today (along with my other cycle).  Tomorrow I need to call my doctor to see if I can go in this Thurs.... can't wait anymore.  Next appointment isn't scheduled until the 26th.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so sorry. I wish I had magic words to make it all better. I hope that things get better and you can see the doctor this week

Nani Luculescu said...

Hey girlie, just catching up with your blog & hoping you feel better. The PICC is not an easy road, my dad was so frustrated they wouldn't keep the meds coming so he had it in for a long time with no meds to go in it! Sending you my love & prayers girlie.

Anonymous said...

i hear ya girl just keep your head up! ive been sick with lyme for over 12 years and am all to familiar with feeling like my body is dying but i know all this pain is leading to health and a great life. sending lots of love and healing energy your way <3 i have a youtube blog about my lyme if you wanna check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CoolKellly