Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I herxed!

Woo Hoo!  I hadn't herxed since December 21st, 2009.  Well, if i have, I didn't know it.  Yes, I've had flares & cycles, but those have nothing to do with a herx reaction.  So even though I only had mild stomach pains (which an activated charcoal cleared right up), I felt horrible.  I used to get really nauseous while herxing.  This time no nausea, just felt like C-R-A-P.  It was funny though because my husband was asking me why I was smiling when explaining how horrible I felt.  I explained that this was a herx & that means the bugs are dying!  YAY!  Anyway, I have now confirmed the herx beause I came out of it feeling better than before the herx.  So the doubling up on the dose of Rocephn by doing the infusions AM & PM for 4 consecutive days & then 3 days off to allow the body to recover (detox & give organs a break) was a great choice.  Thanks Malibu doc (also my suggestion, he listens to his patients).

So I am going back to LA tomorrow to go to Cedars-Sinai to have my PiCC line looked at.  I have a valve that is stuck on it & it is supposed to be changed every week.  So we are driving out there to see if they can get the valve off without having to give me a new PiCC line.  I really don't want to go through a new PiCC line.  No thank you. 

We are going a bit early so we can meet with a business aquaintance whose office is down the street from the hospital.

Wish me luck!  I have to wake up early.  Grrrr.....

No comments: