Friday, October 22, 2010

Pics, FIR Sauna & Pulsing

Sorry about the picture quality.  My 16 year old step daughter took it with my phone.  I had promised my Facebook friends a pic.  My room is a mess!  How embarassing.  My chihuahua wanted to jump up in my lap the entire time.  So this was my second time in it.  I stayed in it much longer.  This time I just wore a wife beater & my chonies, whilst sitting on a towel on the little chair that comes with it.  I was glistening like stripper on a pole!  I sat in there for at least 20 minutes.  I ended up having to jump in the tub to wash off because I couldn't go to bed like that!  Times like these, I wish I could take a darn shower.

So I went to the doctor yesterday.  Such a smooth drive in.  We left 10 minutes late & arrived a few minutes early.  I love the ocean and if I haven't mentioned this before, the doc's office is RIGHT on the beach in Malibu.  We could go to his Beverly Hills office, but it's more hectic there & there is no ocean scenery.  We usually take a walk on the beach, but hubby was in a rush (2 times in a row, no beach walk).  Here are some pics we've taken at the beach where my docs office is.  It's right by the section of homes where it is gated off & you can't go on that section of beach because GOD FORBID, celebrities would have to look at regular people.  No, I'm kidding, I totally understand it.  They even have a security guard sometimes.  This section of the beach also has a bird sanctuary.  It's pretty cool.  Here are some pics we took back in August I think while there.




Anyway, so my doc changed things up with the Rocephin.  Decided to do 4 days on, 3 days off.  On the "on" days, I do the IV twice a day instead of once a day.  The way we are doing the antibiotics is called "pulsing".  Gives the bacteria a chance to come "out" beause the antibiotics are gone for a few days....then BAM, I start killing them again.  If you didn't already know, the lyme bacteria are super smart & know when to hide in the tissues & when it is safe to come out.  This is why lyme disease & it's co-infections are so hard to treat.  I'm going back in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing & decide if it's working or not.  I'd love any feedback from people that have pulsed the way we are.  Just hoping my insurance doesn't catch on to my doctor.  Hoping & praying...  I'm hooked up to my morning IV now.  Just did one a little over 12 hours ago.  Trying to space them 12 hours apart.  I just got nauseous, which is my way of herxing (I haven't herxed since last December, around the 21st to be exact).  So hubs is going to go grab me a bowl of cereal.  Maybe I just need food in my tummy, I don't believe in a "herx" just because you feel crappy.  I know the difference between symptoms & bugs being killed (die off).  Although 4 grams (4,000 mg) of IV Rocephin  in a 13 hour period is the most bug killing I have ever done in my life!  Maybe I'll get a good herx out of it & kill some bugs.  I'm hoping...  bring on the herx baby!!

1 comment:

Nani Luculescu said...

oh yeah, love the sauna picture!

We were married in Malibu, so I have a special place in my heart for that place. Have you ever been to Paradise Cove in Malibu?