Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feeling Better

Oh boy, did I have a hard couple of weeks.  But I just wanted to let everyone know that things are so much better.  I have come out of my LONG lyme cycle and got out of the house today.  Went to the library today with the family, walked the dogs to the park to play fetch, and made it out to the store to get some household necessities.  It felt good.  I did get exhausted, so by the time we got home, I had to lay on the couch for a while.  Hubby made tostadas!  YUMM!  Then me & the 14 year old hung out and watched Mega Mind.Megamind (Single-Disc Edition)

I changed my PiCC line dressing today with NO drama.  I was able to get it done quickly & without much stress.  My husband was standing by to help out.  Just need to figure out how to get the stat-lock changed.  Haven't had that changed since I last saw my FABULOUS NURSE!

Kids are doing SO WELL.  Our family has been so whole since we moved!  We were a bit concerned about our 14 year old because he seemed a little depressed.  He told us the move was hard on him (having a little trouble making friends & didn't make the baseball team).  But we found out later that it was because his girlfriend stopped talking to him.  Takes a while to get things out of kids.  However, he just started on the track team & got his uniform and his mom bought him his running spike shoes.  She has come back into their lives (I hope for good) and appears to be making an effort.  It was a looooooong year for them to not have her around.  I hope she sticks to it.  She is even driving out there a couple times a week to see them.  I really hope she keeps at it!!  They need it.

So life is great with the kids and it really makes a huge difference in our household.  Everyone is happy - together, loving, laughing, spending quality time together.  Amazing what a little change can do.  We don't ever want to look back!

3 comments:

Julieslymediseasefight said...

Awesome news!

Jessica said...

That makes me smile. So glad things are looking up.

Argonauta For a Day said...

Yippee sonya- next cycle will be less and then less. This is a good sign. Calendar the cycle and in 4 weeks brace yourself for the next. You can do this. You will beat this. Chin up and enjoy the downtime. Hugs from Washington.