Monday, February 21, 2011

I Figured Out What Happened To Me!

Watch this video of a Facebook lyme friend of mine. She is getting a Rocephin push directly into her PiCC line. I do an IV drip which takes about 30 minutes and is in a gravity bag with Sodium Chloride. It is a bit easier on the body. I finished my last IV infusion about 1am. Went to bed around 1:40am. Woke up at 6am, knowing something wasn't right.

I was just online looking for the videos of my FB friend herxing to send to a another friend to explain a significant herx reaction. When I clicked to this one, I noticed her flailing her arms while conscious. I was doing that AFTER the large convulsion. I pointed it out to my husband. I said, "This is just what I was doing on the couch when you carried me downstairs to wait for the paramedics." He agreed. Then she started REALLY convulsing. My husband then said, "That's exactly what you were doing, except you were on the floor with your leg stuck behind you & you were unconscious!"

I remember trying to say to to the paramedics, why am I doing this. They just kept telling me to relax. But I couldn't control my legs or my arms. I could barely talk until I came out of it fully.

So what caused this herx? Could it be the Teasel Root Extract mixed with my oral Biaxin & IV Rocephin? I am hoping that is what it is. The Teasel is supposed to push the hiding bacteria out of the tissues & into the blood stream. Who knows if this really truly happens, but I know that I have felt REALLY sick lately & so has another one of my friends who also started taking Teasel.

Needless to say, I have cut back to 3 drops a day (1 drop, 3 times a day) instead of the 5 I was taking. I will stick to the 3 until I feel better. Then I will up it by 1 for a week.

I am afraid to start my IV tomorrow as I've been off since that last IV. Since my husband will be working out of the area tomorrow morning, my mom will drive out (she is an hour away) to sit with me for the infusion and for a couple hours afterwards. Not sure who will sit with me afterwards as both the kids will be at sports. It took me 5 1/2 hours for it to start up last time.

I won't be going to the hospital if this happens again. I guess I will be tough & suck it up. If I stay unconscious for too long though, I hope someone is called. And I hope I'm not alone. SCARIEST THING EVER!

Oh, I also forgot to mention that I was nauseous for a day or two before the episode and have been nauseous   ever since.  I remember having nausea as a symptom of my herx reactions back in December 2009 when I was on Bicillin.  In the beginning.  So this is where I started researching herx's again.  
Post a Comment