Sunday, January 24, 2010

Upswing

Past two days I've been feeling better.  80%.  Yesterday I got out of the house & went to two grocery stores!  I didn't want to go home because I hadn't been out of the house in weeks, but we don't really have money to spend and there wasn't much else to do.  So today we took the dogs to the park (they loved it) & the sun was out & it was nice.  We walked around the park, & then I came home & cleaned my kitchen.  SCRUBBED my kitchen.  I decided I wanted to catch up on some much needed cleaning & didn't have the right cleansers so I ran to Walgreens (by myself, mind you) & got what I needed.  I blasted the music in my car & had the window rolled down.  I felt alive . . . like I am with the living.  Instead of just existing.  Came home and finished my now shiny kitchen. I ate a little salad & then showered & hubby took me to our favorite hole in the wall restaurant.  I barely made it through dinner without falling asleep.  Got in my PJ's & went downstairs with my tea to watch "Critical Condition" on Dateline NBC.  It's about our horrible health care system.  It was sad & made me cry.  My heart rate went up to 105 so we turned off the tv & went to my friends to check my blood pressure.  All is well, I took a benedryl, and now I am laying in bed about to read myself to sleep.  Just picked up book number two in the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich.  I loved the first one & have 10 total to read!  My friend Nicole from high school sent me a huge box of books to read.  Pretty nice of her, huh?  Well, off to solve crime with my new book.
One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1)    Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, No. 2)

P.S.  I almost forgot to mention!!  My in laws gave us their Wii!!  YAY!!  Now we have Rockband & some dance game & I am going to get the Wii Fit so I can do some yoga.  My muscles are mush!!  I am so excited!  I just need hubby to get off his keister & set it up (we still don't have our Blu Ray player hooked up).

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

There are many fun Wii games for fitness. I particularly enjoy one called Gold's Gym Cardio Workout.

Renee said...

How fun for you to have Wii ~ it is on my wish list! Janet E. books are both good and bad at the same time, but I do enjoy them!
Hope all goes well with you.