Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Start of 2010

New Years Eve

So I had a great night for New Years Eve.  Our friends Angela & Rick invited us over for dinner.  It was sooo delicious.  Steak, asparagus, mushrooms, & mashed potatoes.  We watched Travis Pastrana jump his car over the water at the Long Beach Pier.  That was exciting and cool.  I had been feeling pretty bad & discouraged lately.  Even earlier that day.  But late that afternoon, I started feeling better.  And I was actually feeling good (80%) for the evening.  We got home around 10pm & I was supposed to get a Bicillin injection, but since it was so late, we decided to put it off until the next day.  It usually takes me about an hour for me to even let him stick in the needle.  Then we have to go for a walk around the block afterwards.  So hubby went to sleep & I stayed up & cleaned my room a bit.  Having that I have been in bed pretty much 24/7 since the 21st of December, I appreciated the energy.  Even & I watched the countdown on TV & rang in the new year.  Our neighbors like to light off fireworks & some even go up in the air for the big display.  They are nice to look at  but Mango, the doberman hates them!  She was so freaked out.  Ever seen a dog have a panic attack?  Not fun.  We don't look forward to New Years Eve or 4th of July for that reason.

New Years Day
After my good night, I woke up yesterday, New Years Day feeling like I had been hit by a mack truck.  Man!  Oh well, I had 5 good hours.  So I stayed in bed all day.  Had to get my injection, so I took an ativan around 5'ish, took a shower, and then warmed up my bum.  This time, I surprised hubby by letting him stab me with the needle right away.  It truly takes me about an hour to negotiate with myself to let the needle go in.  Wimp, I know.  This one barely hurt.  THANK GOD!  The 2 shots before that hurt like the dickens.  I think he put the needle in where i have scar tissue.  You can feel it in each of my cheeks now.  You need to not get it in the scar tissue becuase it can have trouble absorbing.  It's swollen today, but we'll see.  He said he's not much of a dart thrower.  I was happy to have it over with so we went for our walk & then I relized we had a Duraflame log so I lit a fire & we watched a movie.  It was nice because hubby had cleaned the kitchen earlier that day.  Nice relaxing evening & I started to feel a little better.  I even started a couple loads of laundry.

Here's what my Bicillin Injection looks like:



Today
I woke up today NOT feeling like I had been hit by a mack truck.  HOORAY!  So I thought was going to be an 80% day.  Not so much.  More like 70%.  I was out of bed by 12:30pm!!  Took a shower & it was nice & warm out (70s) so we took our very deserving 3 dogs to the park.  Well ended up on the side of the big church because all the fields were taken up by kids playing baseball.  Boy are these dogs out of shape!!  They haven't been to the park for 6 months, since I've been sick.  They tired quickly & so did I.  Once I got out of the car, I realized I had no energy.  So I just strolled around.  I'm glad the dogs got out.   They enjoyed themselves.  And they were well behaved off leash.  Came home & was actually tired so after having a snack, I decided to try to take a nap.   Since having Lyme, I haven't been able to sleep.  To go to sleep at night, I take a Benedryl.  I used to nap whenever I could before Lyme.  I may stay in bed all day, but I have NEVER napped.  But today there was a yawn, so I begged hubby & the one kid that was home to please be quiet so that I may actually sleep.  I put on my new Ipod, turned it to some guided meditation I downloaded & within about 20 minutes I was asleep.  AAAaaahhhhh,  a mid-day nap.  Heaven on earth in my bed.  And then I heard it.  The 13 year old started rocking out on his guitar.  Thanks A LOT!  Oh well.  Note to self:  Next time, kick the kids outside until I'm done with my nap.

Here is a pic of my 3 dogs Mango, Martini & Rover:



Here's a quote from my new friend Heathers Facebook page.  Her update:
"We said "goodbye to you lyme" in 2009--now health and wealth for the win in 2010!!!! Let the lyme fade with the start of a new decade!!!!"  -I stole it :)

2 comments:

Heather Ochsner said...

I ADORE you Sonya!!! Stay strong my dear--I will fight to the win with you!!!! You have such a strong soul :)

Much love and healing vibes your way!
Cheers to the win in 2010!!!! (I love that you liked my quote...hehehe)

Nani Luculescu said...

Hey Sonya, I was wondering how you were feeling! I'm glad you got to sneak a little nap in, if only for a little while! =)